Residents asked to provide input through telephone and online surveys and community open houses
The Town of Oakville is looking for community input on the long-term vision for Oakville. The community is also being encouraged to share what actions they think can be taken during Town Council’s four-year term in office to ensure Oakville continues to be one of the best places to live.
“Oakville continues to grow and thrive because of the passionate people who live here. I hope to see our community come together at the upcoming open house opportunities to share what’s envisioned for our future and help set priorities. By working together, I know we’ll be able to set a path for success, not only for the next four years, but for generations to come.”Mayor Rob Burton
Starting the week of March 20, 2023, residents may receive a call from Deloitte Canada, on behalf of the town, to participate in a 10-12 minute phone survey. The town is also inviting the community to participate in an online survey opening on March 20 through to April 10, 2023, and take part in a community open house taking place in each of Oakville’s seven wards in late March, early April.
The community feedback will be reflected in the Council Strategic Plan so that it continues to be forward thinking and sets the direction for the Oakville community. Engagement will also help identify areas of focus that will help shape the first draft of the 2023-2026 Business Plan.
A draft Council Strategic Plan and 2023-2026 Business Plan will be ready in June with a final report for Council to review in July.
To learn more, including updates on the dates, times and locations of community open houses, visit the Strategic Plan page.
“I encourage everyone from all walks of life to participate in the engagement opportunities offered from now until June. Council and staff are here to listen and ensure that the Council Strategic Plan and the 2023-2026 Business Plan reflects what matters most to our community from now into the future.”CAO Jane Clohecy
- The development of Council’s Strategic Plan and 2023-2026 Business Plan will include input from town staff and leadership, community partners and residents to understand the wants and needs of our community, while intentionally seeking out diverse perspectives.
- Deloitte Canada has been selected to assist the town in this work for its expertise in visioning, strategic planning, public sector market research, continuous improvement and innovation, and engagement.
- Starting the week of March 20, 2023, residents may receive a phone call from Deloitte Canada asking for their participation in a 10-12 minute phone survey that will help the town identify community priorities.
- The online survey will launch March 20, and will be open until April 10, 2023.
- For updates, follow us on social media Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.