On July 11, 2023, Town Council approved the Town of Oakville Council Strategic Plan and 2023-2026 Action Plan that will help guide their decision making over the next four years. With a new vision to be a vibrant and livable community for all, the long-term strategy reflects the community’s desire for an active, beautiful and full-of-life community where people of all ages and abilities have a place to call home. Council and town staff are ready to serve the community in a responsible, inclusive way, dedicated to building economic, social, and environmental sustainability and take action on the strategic priorities that have been set in the plan.
The four strategic priorities that have been identified focus on what matters most to the community:
- Growth management
- Managing growth for a vibrant local economy, meeting infrastructure needs and ensuring we have complete communities and efficient mobility across the town
- Community Belonging
- Enhancing community belonging to ensure all residents are invited to engage in a fulfilling community life that is built to support wellbeing.
- Environmental Sustainability
- Ensuring environmental sustainability to meet future needs related to greenspace, natural areas, and act on climate change mitigation and adaptation
- Accountable government
- Providing accountable government for excellence in service delivery and responsible management of resources
Under each priority area are specific actions and initiatives identified for the 2023-2026 Council term. To ensure the town is on track to delivering on these actions, staff will be building a key community indicators dashboard that will be available on the town’s website to share data on the town’s progress towards achieving our shared goals and priorities.
To learn more, visit the Strategic Plan page.