Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accessibility (IDEA) Multi-Year Plan
On December 18, Oakville Town Council received a draft of the Town of Oakville Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accessibility (IDEA) Multi-Year Plan. The draft plan reflects years of work and consultation with the community to further the town’s efforts to being an inclusive workplace and community where everyone feels they belong.
The following four goals will help build on the town’s existing IDEA efforts:
- Goal 1: Foundational – drive the objective. Be accountable for incorporating IDEA in all areas of the organization.
- Goal 2: Internal – attract and retain people. Cultivate a work environment that is diverse, inclusive, safe and one where staff feel respected and valued.
- Goal 3: Community – listen to, engage and serve the community. Reflect our inclusive culture throughout the range of services we provide to our community.
- Goal 4: Sustainability – communicate, track and measure. Align and connect our IDEA
Opportunities have been identified where the town can best develop programs and improve policies that will enhance the inclusion experience and build on the town’s strengths and culture of mutual respect.
Community feedback period open until January 31, 2024
The Oakville community is invited to review the draft Town of Oakville Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accessibility (IDEA) Multi-Year Plan, which outlines why this work is important, and the goals associated actions and timelines to move us forward.
Share your thoughts by emailing Corporate Strategy Program Advisor Rebecca Brookes at email@example.com.
To learn more, visit the Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accessibility Multi-Year Plan page.
- In 2021, the town created a Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan to formalize its commitment to initiatives that embrace diversity, equity and inclusion. The town began a partnership with CCDI, a leader in diversity and inclusion in the workplace, to assess the town’s current state, including gathering workplace demographics and capturing all levels of diversity and inclusion in the town’s workforce.
- In 2022, the town and CCDI delivered a Diversity and Inclusion Current State Inclusivity Report and related documents below to Council, updating members on the town’s progress:
- Review the December 18, 2023 Council agenda and related documents to the draft IDEA multi-year plan.